Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter meal

Joyce's daughter and boyfriend invited me to join them and part of Joyce's family for Easter dinner at their place. Generations ranged from great grandkids to great grandmas (depending on how you look at it). The kids were well behaved. I noticed all the teenagers had a cell phone. I guess that is standard now.

Lots of food to eat as a number of the wives, daughters, etc. brought food. Of course everything was homemade and delicious. Soup in a bread bowl, turkey rolls, ham, salad, and three or four different deserts. Even I was full by the end.

They like to play games and I learned how to play Upwords and Boggle. I had beginners luck with the first Upwords game but finished last by a few points in the second game. In Boggle I did horribly and only managed 7 points over three games - nowhere close to anyone else. I just couldn't find many words, much less unique words. Though for some reason I was the only person to find the word "lewd" in one game.

I spent all afternoon there eating, talking and playing games. When I left I was sent home with food. It was a fun time.

It was good to take a relaxing day off as I am nursing what I believe are bruised ribs on my right side from a fall while snowshoeing last week on a mountain. More about that fall once I get time to write up that adventure.

No comments: