Saturday, April 04, 2009

New camera

This week I bought a new camera. The Canon A1000 IS finally came on sale. I've been waiting... it's been a year since it was released and the new Canon models are rolling out now so that means the old models are reduced in price to clear them out. From a former price of $179 the camera was now selling for $129.99.

The sale started Sunday, and Monday I went to Staples to buy the camera. I knew it was a model closeout so when they are gone, they're gone. The Kalispell Staples already was sold out! Oh, no! The salesperson checked the warehouse. Sold out. He called around to other Staples stores in the region and found a camera at the Missoula store. I bought it.

The camera arrived via UPS on my doorstep on Wednesday.

This camera will fit into my shirt or pants pockets - unlike my previous camera. While the 12x zoom on my old camera was nice, the camera's size was a bit too big at times. This Canon has a 4x zoom and I think I will be able to live with that. We'll see. If not, I notice some new cameras are now getting 10x and 12x zoom in a smaller size camera.

So far my new camera seems nice and takes good photos.

Here is the first photo taken with my new camera. It is a test shot but I liked the look and kept the photo.

No comments: