Friday, April 03, 2009

Furniture, dogs, etc.

Thursday I went with Jan to get the armoire that she had bought. It was at a consignment store south of Kalispell. It is 4 and 1/2 feet tall, under three feet wide, and deep. The top two thirds are shelves and the bottom has two drawers which we were unable to remove. It was not really heavy but certainly not light.

Bob and Jan's house is a split level so we had to get the armoire up the outside steps then inside. We made it but with a number of rest breaks. Jan offered to cut my hair tomorrow in exchange for my help. My hair is on the long and shaggy side and I am certainly in need of a haircut. I don't have a girlfriend to cut my hair which is too bad as that can be quite fun.

This is the first I have started my pickup since last Fall. It turned over briefly but didn't want to start. I had to use a battery charger on it for a few minutes before the pickup would start. Therefore I didn't turn off the pickup until we stopped at the county animal shelter. It started again. *whew*

That's right, we ran a few errands on the way to get the armoire. A stop at the local post office branch so Jan could mail a package to her sister. Then since the county animal shelter was near the consignment store we stopped there. Jan really wants a dog and I've been printing photos and info of dogs that her daughter has found online for Jan.

The shelter had about a dozen dogs. A guy was taking a dog out and the rest of the dogs were barking like crazy when they saw that. They settled down after he and another man left. Most dogs seemed friendly and happy and well behaved though signs for a few dogs warned of quirks. All the dogs were on the large size and Jan wanted a smaller dog.

I picked up for Jan a copy of the Mountain Trader that came out that day. In it she found a few ads for dogs for sale. Wow! Some breeds are expensive! Hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Jan was excited to get home so she could call some of the ads.

Jan found border collie puppies for sale and went out to check them out. They were up McMannamy Draw west of town. Jan said it was good her SUV had 4-wheel drive as she needed it with all the deep snow up there.

Jan stopped by after she bought a puppy as she wanted to borrow my cat carrier for a little while. The puppy is a little bitty border collie and is black and white and very cute. Jan is so happy.

I guess a bath for the puppy is one of the first things on the agenda as Jan said it smelled strongly of manure from the farm.

The weather today has been snow and rain much of the day. The usual cool, wet, and cloudy.

No comments: