Monday, April 06, 2009

Gopher mountain view

I trapped my first pocket gopher for the year. Woo Hoo!

I had left three traps in the hayfield over winter, and now that most of the snow in the hayfield has melted, on Saturday I walked by one and checked it. The trapped was full of dirt so I cleaned it out and reset the trap. Monday morning I checked the trap and found my first dead gopher. I then checked the other two traps that afternoon and found dirt in both of them. I cleared the dirt from them and reset those traps.

The ground is getting soft but is still wet. I suppose I should get all my traps out and pick up where I left off last year in my never ending goal of getting rid of the gophers.

The weekend (and today) had great weather. Clear skies and temperatures near normal to a bit above. Yes! Our temperatures were in the 50s, and Monday it even got to 63 officially (though my thermometer said the day's max temperature was 59). Woo Hoo indeed!

Here is my view from the ranch:

No comments: