Friday, April 17, 2009

Keeping busy

I don't think I've been working that hard... but I am more tired than usual. Wednesday night when I was watching the DVD's special features after watching the movie "Cloverfield", I fell asleep. And it was only a little after 11 pm - much earlier than my usual bedtime! Then after going to bed I slept till 9 am. Over 9 hours of sleep.

I trapped another mouse inside the house. That makes three since winter started with two of the times coming this Spring. You'd think in the Spring time they would want to stay outside.

Thursday I attended the monthly Prime Timer meeting at the Faith Alliance Church. This is the same group I spoke to about bicycling last month. This month Peter had Dave Rasmussen speak about his three climbs on Mt. Everest, the last being in 2007 with a British medical team studying the effect that low oxygen has on the blood and human body. Dave's occupation is as a cinematographer so the photos and movie he showed were excellent.

I have read and seen photos before of Mt. Everest but I must say Dave's photos and talk really connected the dots for me and made the elevation and mountain seem more real.

Wednesday I removed the fence that was broken by the semi truck this past winter. The impact had broke wooden posts and bent the steel posts but not one barb wire strand was broken. This was strange as the barb wire is rusty and looks old.

Thursday afternoon I got my old and beat up harrow and loaded some railroad ties and logs on it for weight. I drug it around my hayfield for a few hours to start to flatten the pocket gopher mounds. I didn't drag the harrow across the field last year so I have two years of mounds to flatten.

The grass is greening up so this is later than I want to be dragging the harrow but the window this year between the end of snow and the green grass was shorter than usual. Better now than next week as the forecast calls for temperatures in the mid 70s F the start of next week.

I also talked to Dan for a little bit Thursday. It turns out he had a heart attack last September and has now recovered. His shoulder still bothers him from his prior accident a couple of years ago. Even with the surgury and all the therapy it appears he will never get 100% use of his shoulder back. But he still has cattle.

No comments: