Thursday, August 07, 2008

The world is back to normal

The cattle behaved today. No jailbreaks. They are back in the middle pasture as letting them in the south pasture was not good. There are more grass opportunities in the south pasture but the cattle abused my kindness.

Today I found all my missing items I had lost yesterday. My camera is still drying out as I still have signs of a little moisture on the led display on the back of the camera. I am crossing my fingers the camera will work after I dry it out.

I completed my fence work today. When I built the fence in the trees the mosquitoes took advantage of the shade to attack me. Taking a shower this evening I noticed a number of bug bites on my arms.

After lunch from 3 to 4 pm I fell asleep for a few hours. Then I took a shower. Since then I've done nothing much more than rest and relax. Yesterday I hadn't changed from my river walking shoes to regular shoes before chasing cattle so my feet got blisters and rubbed raw. So I took it easy tonight to rest up.

Time is passing quickly and I need to start the rebuild of the loading corral tomorrow. These projects always take longer than expected and I have less than 3 weeks before the first of the cattle leave. So the barn floor work will be put on hold, and the same with weed spraying. I was so close to completely spraying all of the north pasture. If the cattle hadn't acted up these past three days I would have finished it.

No comments: