Friday, August 29, 2008

Pruning trees

In keeping with the theme of green... late Thursday afternoon and evening my brother and I pruned tree branches in mom's yard. Some trimming was to prune branches that were growing towards power lines. Some pruning was of a hedge. Some pruning was of dead branches in the big trees in front of the house. We quit when it was dusk and getting harder to see.

Then early Friday afternoon I cut dead branches off more trees along the boulevard. One fell on me as it came down and I have some scratches on my head, face, and arm. I also picked a piece of wood out of my neck. Ouch.

My brother was not too happy with my tree trimming as he ends up picking up the branches and raking the yard to clean it up.

Here is a photo from my mom's backyard. Ignore the fence. Just as the fences at the ranch need painting, so too does mom's fence. I must have gotten this 'fence and paint attitude' from my mom as my father took pride in keeping his fences painted and looking nice.

No comments: