Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I want to shoot a herd of cattle

If I thought Monday was a bad day, I was wrong. I would take a week of those kind of Mondays to avoid a day like today. I am so mad at the cattle I am not going to write much about it. Needless to say the entire herd made a major jailbreak. A number of my neighbors helped me in various ways to get the herd back into my pasture. At one point I was so mad at the cattle I was starting to swear at the cattle in front of several of my neighbor ladies who were helping me at that point. If you know me, I rarely swear.

You know, in the movies stampedes are exciting to watch. In real life when it is cattle you are trying to herd, it is not good. Fortunately Wyatt and his dog headed them off before they reached his house and then the road.

In other bad news I lost a pair of pliers and other things various times of the day. My camera also fell into the river and sank. I am drying it out and I'll see tomorrow if it is ruined.

Last night I was on such a natural high at the fantastic concert held at the Picnic in the Park. I foolishly thought that having the bad Monday and part of Tuesday with the cattle was worth it if it meant attending a concert as great as that one. I learned my lesson as I got today - a day to end all days. This is a bad bunch of cattle. They have done stuff no other herd of cattle here have done. I have more fence work tomorrow.

No comments: