Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mom has died

Mom died last night around 2 am. This was the same time (1 am Montana time) I was pulling off the highway in Malta looking for a place to park my car to get some sleep as I was getting sleepy while driving.

I was woken up at 4 am Montana time when the city drove around their park with a spraying machine in back of a pickup to spray a fog to apparently kill mosquitoes. I got to Minot at 10:30 am their time. It was over 11 hours of driving.

I've spent the day talking with the funeral home and also the cemetery to buy a burial plot. I never even attended a funeral in my life, much less plan one. Other than which cemetery mom wanted to be buried at, and that she wasn't particular about the funeral ceremony, I've no idea what she wanted or what is involved with a funeral. No date has been set for the funeral but it looks like Monday may be the day. Lots more to decide and do and I'm tired.

No comments: