Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Only Hours Left

It is after 1:30 am and I am almost ready to go to bed - to sleep for a short while. The train arrives at 7:26 am. One should get to the train station at least a half hour before it arrives when one has luggage to check, so my goal is to get there by 6:30 am. The train station is 13 miles away and it takes at least 20 minutes to drive to it. I called the Amtrak number and the ever chipper "Julie" told me the train is on time.

Well... all this means I need to get up by 5 am. I am glad I can sleep on the train - as I will!!

I have Jan's SUV loaded with most of what I am taking and will pack the last (food) in the morning. As usual, each time I return home for an extended period of time I have plenty of stuff!

Tuesday was a great day weather wise. The temperature at my place reached 52. No rain. No wind. It felt so warm. It helped that the weather was great, but the great weather makes it hard to leave as the weather in North Dakota has temperatures in the teens and the wind is blowing.

I drove my car to run the last of the errands uptown. Initially the car's shifting was sluggish and reverse didn't seem to work. I made sure I parked where I did not have to back up. However by the time I got home the car was shifting smoothly like it had been before the trouble. And reverse works. So, good news. I guess I will have to hold off on my Uncle Curt's suggestion to take my car out to the back pasture and shoot it.

Good night. "Talk" to you next from North Dakota.

No comments: