Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wasting the day

Even though yesterday was an "indoors day' I slept in late this morning. Not sure why, maybe I figured it would be another cool wet day. At least that was the weather forecast. They were wrong. A dry day, and warmer than yesterday.

I spent much of the afternoon checking out internet providers. My Earthlink 6-month free trial offer is expiring soon. Connecting late at night is tolerable. Any other time and the connection is so slow and often "goes to sleep" on me. This afternoon was frustrating to get servers to be found, much less web pages loaded.

I plan on getting DSL but found they require a 1 year subscription. I plan on being away for a month or more over Christmas so signing up now doesn't make sense. So, dial up still. I have another internet provider in mind to bring the gap from October to Christmas vacation.

Kelly stopped by to ask about hunting deer on the ranch again this Fall. Sure. While talking we saw a few does come out into the south pasture. With binoculars Kelly recognized one doe from previous years. He said most does last year where kinda dumb about the danger but she was an alert doe and he had to be careful not to be seen by her as she would pound her hooves on the ground to warn the others.

Kelly is building a new house and I heard about the latest glitches in the building process. House builds rarely go smoothly.

I started to add trim around the house windows and finished the north window. I was doing this when Kelly drove up. The last he saw me last year I was putting the house's siding back on after adding wall insulation. "Aren't you done yet? It's been a year." Umm... no. The snow came before I got to the window trim, and I've been busy this summer.

No comments: