Monday, September 25, 2006

Deer, partridges, mileage

Things done today:
  • finished the trim on the house windows
  • caught 2 pocket gophers
  • went shopping for a digital camera. I didn't buy one, just comparing models.
I found deer tracks in my garden. The deer knocked over some of my corn stalks. I couldn't tell what else they munched on.

My Hungarian partridge brood is still around. They have been running around the yard the past few days. Yesterday when I was working on the window trim they were in the front yard "chirping", or whatever sound they make. There are 15 of them. They prefer not to fly as they run like the dickens when they feel threatened. Kinda cute.

On my bicycle I have ridden over 2000 miles for the season. That has been my average yearly mileage since coming to Montana. It used to be 3800 miles a year. I now get enough physical exercise at the ranch that I don't have the need to take a spin after work. Last year my total mileage was only 1850 miles as my Fall was taken up with insulating the house. This year I made an extra effort to exceed 2000 miles - and did it with months to spare.

No comments: