Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Deer, food, camera, beaver

Today I noticed another garden item that the deer have eaten: sunflower leaves. On one sunflower they ate many of its leaves. *sigh*

I am living off my garden produce:
Lunch
  • tomato sandwich
  • radish
  • cucumber
  • broccoli
  • raw zucchini
  • zucchini bread
  • carrot
  • apples
Supper
  • corn on the cob
  • steamed cabbage
  • potatoes or parsnip
  • green onion
  • beet
  • apple pie
Hmm... maybe I should have kept one of my cattle for butchering so I would have some beef to counter this vegetarian-like eating routine. I keep saying I am not a vegetarian, but I find I don't eat much meat these days. Once my garden produce is gone I'll be back to eating more meat.

More digital camera shopping today. As I want an optical viewfinder in addition to the LCD screen, that narrows the choice of cameras in my price range as most cameras only have a LCD screen. Canon and Kodak are about the only brands in my price range that have an optical viewfinder. I am also limited by the models that the local stores carry. I think I'll get the Canon A540. From the reviews it appears to be a good camera. Seems nice when I looked at it in the store . Initially I was put off by the bump of the camera's right side, but found that this bump makes it easier to hold the camera with one hand. I guess that is the purpose of the bump.

The potato trucks are back hauling potatoes down my road. They had taken a break due to the wet weather last week.

I seen a dead beaver in Daryl's yard by the creek. The guy helping him prepare for his new home said Daryl shot it. It is a large animal. He left it near the dam as a warning to the others. The creek is rising again so the other beavers just moved downstream a bit.

No comments: