Friday, June 21, 2024

Tractor and MoCo ready

This afternoon I hooked up my new tractor to my new MowerConditioner.  Since this was new to me, the John Deere saleperson, Kyle, who sold it to me came out to show and explain how it is done and how to operate the MowerConditioner.   We drove around the NE pasture to test it out.

It all looks and operates good and it looks like it will cut my hayfeld fast.  I plan to start sometime tomorrow afternoon.  No chance of rain until Thursday so I can get the hayfeld cut and baled by then.  I'll see how this all goes.


There is my retirement money sitting.  Good thing I don't plan on retiring.



The MoCo pivots behind the hookup to the tractor.  That way the driveshaft that connects to the tractor's PTO shaft doesn't have to bend where it connects to the tractor when I turn a corner.



The cutting blades.  There are two blades on these spinning devices they call "turtles".  They spin really fast.  I didn't have my camera when we operated the MoCo else I would have videoed them spinning.




Here is my hayfield ready to cut.  I've been waiting for the alfalfa to start to flower.  Not as much this year so far.  It may be because the Spring has been cooler than normal and that set the flowering back.

No comments: