Monday, June 03, 2024

Cattle into NE pasture

This afternoon I let the cattle into the NE pasture after a little under two days in the yard.  The yard grass was mostly eaten down and the cattle didn't want to eat the last little bit and would moo at me when they saw me.  The cattle immediately rushed into the NE pasture and started eating grass like they hadn't eaten in ages.   So they are happy now.




I store the used baling twine here.  The calves decided to pull a number of the twine out of the can.   In another place I had a large plastic garbage bag filled with more plastic bags.  The calves and cows pulled the bag out onto the lawn.  Then they pulled the other bags out of the garbage bag and spread them around the yard.



I mostly protected this flower.  It is a little less than when I started to protect it.



These flowers were protected from the cattle.



I was able to protect the windmill from Haynes or the cows from rubbing against it.



The hazelnut shrubs were protected.



The black walnut trees were protected.



The carganas...   well, they lost the battle against the cows.  As you can see the cattle pulled most of the fence down.



I had the end roll of fence on this fence post.  Not any more.


You can see the cattle pulled on a number of the branches as they tried to eat the leaves.

No comments: