Monday, June 24, 2024

Cattle back into the south pasture

This evening I let the cattle back into the south pasture.   The grass was eaten down pretty well at the neighbor's place.

Of course, Panda is in the lead.

Waiting for me to open the gate.

When the cattle pushed to get back to the south pasture, they pushed against the railroad tie for the gate to the neighbor's field.  (The tie is located just left in the previous photo.)  The tie was rotted at ground level and got moved.  Another thing for my to-do list to fix.

Heading back to the south pasture.


Two calves were elsewhere in the neighbor's field.  So they had to play catchup to join the cows.   Looking at me and looking at the cows in the south pasture.



In the south pasture with its all grass.


I also did some cleanup grass cutting.  The MoCo doesn't fit in these two corners so I got the hand scythe and cut the grass.



Today the rear tire on my bicycle got a flat.  Yesterday's flats were on the front tire.  I hope this is the end of flats for now.

No comments: