Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Hawthorn tree stump news

Back when I was working on my hawthorn tree trimming and stump removal, I didn't get all the news posted before I got distracted with haying and other news.   The last I posted back in June I thought I only had a few more workdays left on the hawthorns.  As usual with the hawthorns, what I thought would take a few days took much longer.  I did finish in June just before I started my hay cutting.

This update is about removing the stumps of the hawthorn trees I completely cut.  I cut more hawthorn trees, but not all hawthorn trees were completely cut due to the time I was spending on the cutting and removal.

It's almost been a month since I worked on the hawthorn trees.   I forgot how many tree stumps I dug and chopped to remove.  Six?  More?  I removed the tree stumps for the trees I had completely cut.  That is because the tree stumps were sprouting new leaves a week later.  I want the hawthorn trees completely gone.  So that meant removing as much of the stumps as I could.

New leaves already.


One day several cows decided to help me with the stump removal.  Haynes the bull watched/managed from a distance.

Haynes the bull.







The last stump removed.  The dirt areas in the photo were where I removed some of the stumps.


I'll try to get the last of the hawthorn tree photos posted soon.

No comments: