Sunday, July 09, 2023

Cattle into Ruth's field

On July 4th I moved the cattle from the NE pasture as it was eaten down to the middle pasture.  It's best when the cattle are in the middle of the ranch when the fireworks go off on the 4th. 


On the 5th I moved them to Ruth's field.  Ruth would like her field eaten down before it gets too dry.  Less of a fire danger.  Important this year due to the lack of rain we have had.  Grass is starting to go brown in places.

Having the cattle in Ruth's field is a little extra work for me as I hauled a water trough to her field.  Even though Ruth and her visiting granddaughter try to help in re-filling the water trough, I still go over there several times a day to make sure water is in the trough.  I like the water in the trough to be high as that makes it easier for the calves to drink from the water trough.   The calves are not big enough to reach the bottom of the trough.

No comments: