Thursday, May 20, 2021

Fruit trees and blossums

Today was cold, cloudy and windy.   Brrrr!   The weather service recently did their 30 year weather history update.   From 1980-2010 to 1990-2020 the weather in Flathead County changed a bit.  The average temperature went down a tenth of a degree.  The Winter temperatures were warmer than before but the Spring and Fall temperatures were colder than before.  So it is not my imagination that Spring temperatures have been getting colder.  We had another colder Spring this year.  Snow fell east of the mountains today.  The forecast for the next few days has snow chances out here also.  I hope not.

Here are some photos of my trees from last week when the temperature was normal.  I hope we don't have freezing weather.  I want the blossoms to provide fruit this year.

The apple trees have more blossoms now than when I took the photos.

Apple

Transparent Apple

I didn't see any blossoms on the Apricot tree this year.


Sap on the Apricot tree?

Pear tree


Each year the walnut tree is the last tree to make leaves.  You don't see them, but the leaves are just starting to come out.


Caragana trees

No comments: