Monday, August 01, 2016

Cattle south of barn

I spent part of the day cattle proofing the NE pasture. This mainly was putting corral panels around the hay bales to keep the cattle away from the bales. In the early afternoon I wasn't done and the cattle seemed to be restless so I let them into the corral south of the barn.  The irrigation pipes will be in the west side of the corral tomorrow and I wanted the tall grass eaten down before then.  The cattle were very happy to have the tall tender grass to eat.


Mama cow.

The red calf is Rose's calf.

Beulah's calf

Here is a 1 minute 17 second video of the cattle south of the barn: https://youtu.be/PTi3Wg5wE9k


In the evening I filled a plastic bag with apples from the ground from a neighbor and fed them to the cattle.  Tomorrow the cattle go into the NE pasture.  I'm still working on the south pasture fence rebuild.  It is a race to finish it before the cattle leave the north and NE pastures.


No comments: