Sunday, August 07, 2016

Cattle and new horses

Now that Wyatt has cut and baled the neighbor's field to the south of me, today they brought their horses there.  This afternoon while I was working on my south pasture fence the cattle came to check me out and then saw the horses for the first time.

They stared and stared at the horses.  The horses were nervous and flighty.  The cattle didn't seem too pleased the horses were there.  They probably remember that they had access to that field the past several years.


Once the calves got bored with looking at the horses they had to check out what I was doing with the fence.


Then Buddy came over to check out what I was doing.   Of course when Buddy came over I had to quit working.   The red calf partially seen on the left was in front of Buddy before I took this photo.  While a swipe of his head Buddy pushed the calf out of the way.



Here is a 2 minute 20 second video of the cattle and horses: https://youtu.be/XIVCIFTQ6do

No comments: