Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Cattle into NE pasture, and Buddy

This morning I let the cattle into the NE pasture.  While they still had some grass in the corral to eat, at 6:45 am I heard Panda complaining.  So I got up temporarily and let them into the NE pasture.  Then I went back to bed.  Daisy must have been tired too.  Instead of getting up when I did - as she usually does - she stayed on the bed.  Of course when I got back into bed Daisy had claimed the middle of the bed and was stretched out.  I had to sleep to one side of the bed.

The cattle are happy with the NE pasture.  So far they don't appear to have gotten into mischief.

I got another six barb wires stretched over 13 fence posts.  So far it appears I may finish the fence before the cattle come back into the south pasture.  Tomorrow I plan to start installing a gate in the fence.

The last time I had irrigation pipes in the corral water reached the loafing shed and the barn.  Because I thought the water would keep the cattle outside the corral and away from their water trough I put another water trough in the NE pasture.  It turns out the second trough wasn't needed as this time the sprinkler water didn't reach the loafing shed and there was a dry path to the corral's water trough.



Clyde drinking from Mama as she eats.

 Buddy still does pregnancy checks.


He makes a face when he analyzes if she is pregnant or is in heat. 





In the morning when I let the cattle from the corral into the NE pasture I noticed the left side of Buddy's face was covered with manure.   Several hours later he had gotten most of it off.  Buddy is a well groomed guy.



No comments: