Sunday, June 26, 2016

Snowline auction

Saturday an auction was held to sell off the Snowline Christmas Tree Company stuff.  They also had some farm equipment stuff. I went for the farm stuff.  Donna came along with me.

Farm related stuff

Elevators for loading Christmas trees.  In the background a machine for wrapping the trees in a bundle.

I bought these nails for $12.50  They will be used to build more heavy duty fence.

The reason I attended the auction: a 14 ft heavy duty gate.   This gate will replace the one Buddy bent in the corral when leaning over the top of the old gate in an effort to reach and sniff the cows.

This gate is a Powder River gate.  New this gate sells for $299.99.  I bought this gate for $125.   There was also a 12 ft Powder River gate and I passed on that one as I don't need a 12 ft gate.   At $259.99 new maybe I should have bought a Powder River gate to replace one of my 12 ft gates.



The gate has a lever latch system.


See how heavy duty and solid the gate's rails are.



This gate is heavy.  While awkward to load in a pickup box I can usually handle loading gates.  This one was a struggle.  Donna had to hold the gate up while I re-positioned myself to get the gate in the pickup box.

We were at the auction from 11-something am until 4 pm.  At least this time I got what I wanted to get.

No comments: