Friday, June 17, 2016

New wire and pole

Earlier this Spring I took my very old irrigation pump in to be refurbished.  $690.  I believe the pump - based on the steel (!) mainline irrigation pipes I have - is from the 1940s. The company quit making pumps back in the early to mid 1960s.  The shed housing the irrigation pump is made from the same old rough wood as the barn.  The barn was built in the early 1940s.

I updated the electric wire to my irrigation pump. Since burying the electric wire last year to my barn and outbuildings worked so well I buried the wire to the pump.




I put in a meter base since my wire is now underground.  Daisy helped me.




According to the small plate on the pole, the power pole I come off of was put in place back in 1971.  The electric company decided to replace the pole.   They didn't want the old pole so I have it now.  Another pole in the line of power poles is from 1956.  They left that one in place.  The 1956 pole doesn't have any transformers hanging on it.


The power company's trucks matted the grass down.

So once I cut my hay (hopefully next week) I should be ready for irrigating this year to get a second hay crop.

No comments: