Saturday, June 18, 2016

Extra power pole

When the power company came to replace the power pole out in the pasture I asked them to take out the pole by my tool shed.  This pole held the electric wires that ran between the garage and tool shed and the barn.  When I put those wires underground last year I didn't need the pole anymore.  With the pole gone it is one less thing I have to mow around or have in the way when I shovel snow.

Only Daisy still used the pole.  When she would run around the tool shed often she would run up the power pole three to five feet high then turn around and go back on the ground before running off.  I think she liked to show off in front of me.  it has been a few days now and I still catch Daisy looking at where the pole was when she walks around the tool shed.

The truck just barely fit under the sign I have over my driveway entrance.  The pole is 6 ft in the ground and the truck had absolutely no problem pulling the 30 ft pole out of the ground.




This pole is from 1964.  The power company didn't want it and gave it to me.


It was a little awkward for me to move the pole but I was able to with my tractor.



I don't have a use for the pole right now, but maybe someday I will.

No comments: