Monday, August 19, 2013

Tree gopher

I finally caught the pocket gopher living under the large pine tree's roots.  I chased him or her from large tree root to large tree root.  It kept filling the trap with dirt.  It also filled the tunnel so I had to search for another tunnel.  Each time the tunnel followed under the root itself with a quick jump to another root.

Even though the pine tree is huge I was concerned.  While the large roots are too large for the gopher to eat, it could eat all the smaller sub roots and hairlike roots.   So I was determined to get this gopher.


I gave up on the pocket gopher near the wasp hole.  Each time I checked  on the tree gopher I poured dirt over the wasp hole and even put a small rock over it.  Each day I found the wasps dug a hole under the rock and through the dirt.  I had flattened the pocket gopher dirt mounds and have not seen signs of new activity so maybe the gopher moved also.  Once the weather cools and the wasps are not active I'll go back and search for that gopher.

No comments: