Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Apricots, etc.

When I was adding to my fences in the fruit tree and garden area I was surprised to find six small apricots.  Especially since the past Spring was cold and wet and it seemed as if hardly any fruit trees blossomed.  The apricots trees are the first to blossom and I didn't see any blossoms on them this year.

The apricots may be small but they tasted way better than the apricots I buy at the store.


It looks like there will be a decent crop of apples on each of my apple trees, and on the apple tree out in the pasture.  However due to our hot and dry Summer I have a feeling the apples will be smaller than usual.  Some are falling already and they are all going to the cattle as they are small.

No cherries this year.

I was shocked to find a few dozen small pears on my larger pear tree.  This is the first time either of my two pear trees produced pears.  After all these years of having the trees I had given up on ever getting pears from them.

Again due to the hot and dry Summer, and my lack of time to water them, the serviceberry and currant bushes only produced a few berries.

No comments: