Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A yellow thing

Today I saw something I hadn't seen in a long time: the sun.  Yes!  The sun!   The sun shone until about 1 pm when the clouds came back and covered everything.   At least it didn't snow today though the weather forecast is snow everyday the rest of the week.  With no new snow today I only needed several hours to clean the snow that fell yesterday after I had finished cleaning the driveway.

Here are some sun photos...  (You can compare the same scenes from photos in previous blog posts over the past few days that show how it looked on a cloudy day).




Oh yeah, when I was gone uptown this afternoon a vehicle slid off the road into the ditch.  When I saw the flashing lights as I made my way home my first thought was the vehicle (a small SUV) had taken out my mailbox.  But that was where the vehicle was parked after being pulled out of the ditch.  The woman had slid off the road on the straight section before reaching my mailbox. *whew*  While the road had been plowed of snow earlier in the morning, judging from the vehicle's tire tracks she had misjudged where the road was on the straight section.  Once a vehicle's tire slips off the road, with the ditch around here, that pretty much guarantees the vehicle will go completely off the road.

No comments: