Sunday, November 14, 2010

Moving a pile of ties

Who needs to join a gym for exercise when one has a pile of railroad ties?  I've been getting a workout moving one of my pile of ties.

Moving and re-moving the ties wasn't part of my plan, but when
  • the ties with the length I wanted were on the bottom of the pile, or
  • the ties were in front of the two posts I needed to replace,
I ended up moving the ties a number of times.

Here is where my one tie pile finally ended up.


I think I finally have the ties where I want them until next year when I finish rebuilding the loading corral.

As you can see I only have one post left to replace on the north side of the corral.  Woo hoo!  Almost done!

The distance from the last tie I'll place in the ground to the loafing shed is 16 feet.  But I don't have an extra 16 ft gate, nor need one here.  This gate is 10 ft long and I would like a little longer one.  I may have an extra 12 ft gate I can use, and if so, I'll replace the gate later.

No comments: