Monday, June 28, 2010

Yet another tree stump

I dug out another tree stump.  The last one for a while I hope.   This stump I started to dig out last Fall and got almost half of it dug out then before the ground froze and the snow fell.

I worked on the stump again this past April.  Now that it appears I will be having horses soon I decided to finish digging the stump out.  The hole was pretty deep and I didn't want a chance of a horse falling into the hole.  It wouldn't be good.

What the stump and hole looked like this April when I started again.



Photo 1: April
Photo 2: June


The hole is not as deep as it was during parts of the dig.  This is the end when I moved dirt from the last side root out onto the bottom of the hole.



Rocks I also dug out from around the bottom of the roots.

No comments: