Sunday, June 27, 2010

Marion auction

Saturday I attended an auction Marion, MT (west of Kalispell).  The auction was to settle an estate.  The deceased had lived in a trailer back in the woods.   It was your standard "collect junk as I have a place to put it among the trees" plus "I like to collect guns" type of auction.

Not a lot to interest me, and nothing to keep me hanging around.  I was a little interested in a couple small pails of long large nails.  Mainly I was interested in the posts.  There were a dozen wooden posts and piles and piles of steel posts.  However those wouldn't be auctioned off for a several hours at least.  And I wasn't waiting.  The chances of someone else wanting them and bidding them up was too great.   From what I seen at the auction some stuff went higher than I expected while some items went cheaper than what I expected.  I didn't get a bidding number so I missed out on bidding on some axes, splitting mauls and other tools that went cheap.

I had things to do so I left.



On the back of the tractor seat was the following sticker:


The food at the auction was sold by this outfit:

No comments: