Monday, June 28, 2010

Night cloud

Last night (this morning) I went to bed at 2 am.  I went outside to look at the moon and stars before going to bed and discovered one strange cloud over east Kalispell.   This was the only cloud in the sky and it didn't move.

I got a camera and took a few photos before the cloud faded away.  The first photo had a minute exposure.  The second photo, 30 seconds.  The last photo, 15 seconds.You'd think the longer the exposure the better the photo, but not in this case.  Maybe the near full moon had an effect.

I included the long exposure photo as it shows the pair of clouds. It looked like the middle of the cloud was cut out of the cloud and hung above it. It also reminded me of a hat.  The cloud was fading by the time I took the other photos.


No comments: