Friday, June 18, 2010

Water on driveway

Normally it is on the dry side here.  With the type of spoil I have - sandy loam - the water seldom stands.  Usually the only time I see standing water is when the rain is really falling hard.

Not on Thursday.  With all the rain we have had this Spring the water stands even when it is raining lightly.  We set a record rainfall Thursday at 1.13 inches, breaking the old record of .67 inches.  We are an inch above average for both the month and the year.  It rained non-stop all day on Thursday.

The second photo shows how the water is causing the tall grass to fall over.

Wet.  When will it end?


It was 60 degrees in my house Thursday afternoon, and as Tammy has told me "Your 65 degrees is colder than my 65 degrees."  So I lit my wood stove today to warm the house up.

The temperature outside was in the middle 40s most of the day.  Our normal high temperature is suppose to be 72 degrees.  It has seldom been above 70 degrees this year. Where is the global warming promised me?!!!  Another broken promise.

No comments: