Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rain gutters

I finally got rain gutters installed on my house.  Of the four different roof sections only one section had rain gutters.  That section had been off ever since I re-shingled the house roof many years ago.

Now that I have painted the fascia on the house it was time to put the rain gutters back up and also to install gutters on the other roof sections.

When Tammy was here, in between the rain and my census work, we hung the gutters on the roof.  After Tammy left it was up to me to put all the downspouts on the gutters.   I completed that work yesterday.  I also gooped the gutter joints to prevent leaks.

All this before the rain came again.  And it came.  This morning I woke to rain and it has been raining off and on all day.

The gutters work great.  The downside is that is harder for me to tell how much it is raining as I no longer have the water running off the roof to guide me.

Now with a gutter on the north side of the roof I believe this will reduce the amount of ice on my driveway from the roof's snow melt in the Spring.



Now I need to paint the gutters red.

No comments: