Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow and burning logs

Monday I didn't get my usual one day break from shoveling snow. It was snowing when I got up and it snowed all day. Big white fluffy flakes floating down. At dusk I cleared half the driveway of snow even though it was still snowing lightly. Tuesday I finished the shoveling as the sky was clear and the snow had stopped. The forecast is for quite a few inches of snow on Wednesday and Thursday.

I also nailed a couple boards to two old thin posts near my mailbox. Last year I had put the posts in the ground and had the boards up to protect my mailbox from the snow. It seemed to have worked. After my mailbox got dented from the snowplow snow this past weekend I remembered the boards.

I awoke to the sound of the snowplow Tuesday morning. It sounded like it was driving faster than the 35 mph speed limit which meant the snow would be thrown harder and farther. When I got up the road was clear of snow and my mailbox was ok.

With the road 'somewhat' clear of snow I went for a 5 mile bicycle ride. I had to walk my bicycle on part of my driveway near the house as it is very icy.

Here is a photo of my wood stove in action. Looks warm and cozy doesn't it?

No comments: