Saturday, December 06, 2008

Barn floor done

I haven't just been standing around watching the sunsets... I finished rebuilding the part of my barn floor that had rotted away.

If you remember from mid-July I had removed the rotting boards. Then I had gotten sidetracked with cattle and the start of my loading corral rebuild, etc. Well... now that there is snow on the ground, and ground is freezing up, I returned to finish the barn floor.

A few weeks ago I had built the framework and added the rocks. Later I cut and put down the boards for the first level of the floor. Then on Wednesday I added the second level of the floor and finished it. I was only able to use two of the old boards. The rest are "new" from my scavenge pile - the better to fit in with the old boards.

It is nice to have another project done.



No comments: