Monday, December 22, 2008

Chicken coop fire

While shoveling snow this morning (yeh, it snowed several more inches again... what's new?) I saw emergency vehicles and lights at my neighbor to my immediately south. This is the couple renting the small concrete block house. Some people have mused that this couple are not the sharpest sticks in the woods.

I found out their chicken coop had caught fire. If I remember right I had mentioned that they had built a small coop in November for their chickens. Previously they housed the chickens in the only entryway to their house as they had left the entryway door open with a blanket hanging down and partially covering the entrance, and a heat lamp inside the entryway. I know... not the most sanitary situation.

The coop did not burn down as you can see it on the very left of the photo. But downwind it smelled smoke and... cooked chicken.

I don't know why they needed an ambulance to come in addition to the fire truck. *shrug*

No comments: