Monday, April 09, 2007

Nice day, then a change

A gorgeous Easter weekend has ended. I woke up to to rain (.10 inch) and by late afternoon the rain stopped but the temperature dropped and the wind picked up. Brrrr!!!

Yesterday I planted my elderberry bushes. I have more trees and bushes to plant. These are the ones I got late last Fall from the 4 Seasons nursery as replacement for the ones that died. I had stored them in my house's crawl space over winter so they wouldn't freeze solid. They appear to have made it through the winter fine.

Yesterday I was able to hang my wash outside on the clothesline for the first time this year. I like the fresh smell clothes get from drying on a clothesline.

My neighbor, Lyle, burned some of his pasture yesterday. Probably the hay the horse hadn't eaten. This morning's rain washed out some of the ashes from my burning on Saturday. Which is fine as it also got rid of the burnt smell.

I trimmed half the branches from the pine tree that had fallen in the south pasture. I had to leave some branches for my uncle to trim when he visits.

This morning one of the Chinese pheasants wandered through my yard.

Yup, a quiet time here.

No comments: