Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Splint and wire

I decided to search for my old splint to use on my sore wrist. I had saved the splint I had for my broken arm 27 years ago. Yup, still have it. Never know when a splint can come in handy.

The problem with finding the splint was that it was still packed away with my stuff from Minnesota. Yes, I still haven't unpacked everything. Now if you are thinking "If you haven't unpacked it by now, you don't need it", my answer is "Then I wouldn't have my splint!"

The reason I wanted the splint was to stop me from lifting things and irritating my wrist. The problem was that my MN stuff was stored in a number of heavy boxes. Short term pain, long term gain I guess. Thankfully I didn't have to move too many boxes before I found the splint.

The splint seems to have helped. I found a little length of cloth and some tape and fastened the splint to my arm. While not wrapped up like a 'real' splint, it is enough to remind me not to lift stuff.

While my sore wrist is stopping me from doing some projects on my 'to-do' list, I still trapped pocket gophers and did some weed spraying.

I fed the cattle apples and bread as treats tonight. One bozo got his/her head under the barb wire strand I had placed on top of the hayfield / front yard fence where it dipped down in one area. When he/she pulled her head back his/her ears snagged the wire and tore it off the fence. *sigh* Another example of a temporary fix being more temporary than I expected. I tried to pull the wire back over to the front yard side of the fence but by now the cattle were in a frenzy to get more apples and everywhere I moved they rushed and crowded. I quit pulling the end of the wire back over the fence as I was afraid one of them would get hurt by the barb wire. It was best to leave so the cattle would quiet down and go back to grazing. Tomorrow I'll re-attach the wire when the cattle are taking their siesta in the south pasture.

No comments: