Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Noises in the dark

Last night as I was preparing to go to bed around 1:30 am or so I heard noises coming from the tool shed. It sounded like someone was going through things. I turned the outside house light on. The noises continued and I couldn't see anything. Must not be a person.

I got a flashlight and walked over to see if I could see what or who was making the noises. The sounds were coming from the open area in the middle of the tool shed. My flashlight wasn't powerful enough to light up the cause of the noise. I turned the light on inside the tool shed but it couldn't light up all of the outside middle section.

The noises continued with a rattling of the metal pieces and miscellaneous stuff I had earlier tossed in the back. With the flashlight I could determine the noises were coming from back behind some extra windows and metal sheets. Must be a cat or skunk or some kind of animal.

Seeing as I could not get enough light to see, and I was tired, I decided not to get closer and start moving stuff to flush out the culprit. No sense letting an animal attack me in the dark. Let it rummage around. I turned off the lights and went to bed.

No signs of anything amiss this morning.

No comments: