Monday, August 09, 2021

Out of the hayfield

This evening I moved the rest of the irrigation lines out of the hayfield and into the pasture.  More lifting of the pipes over the fence.  At least I am done with that for the year.

The west end of the irrigation lines in the hayfield half watered the hayfield and half watered the pasture.  Here you can see in the pasture where I had been irrigating the past few weeks and where I have not been doing so.  Water makes a big difference in hot dry weather.



Here is a view of the hayfield.  Now I need to wait and let it dry before cutting it.  That will be a week or so.  Our temperatures the past few days have had highs of 70 and 73 degrees.  But the forecast says our high temperatures the rest of the week will be in the 80s and near 90, and dry.  That will help the drying.



Tonight's sunset in the north pasture as I moved the irrigation pipes.


Diamond still has no calf yet.  But she was nearby when I moved irrigation lines.  Her udder looks a little larger today.  So maybe she is getting close to having her calf.

No comments: