Monday, August 30, 2021

Another slow hayfield cut day

This morning I talked with an equipment repair shop down the road.  They said they could look at my tractor.  I wanted to take the tractor in when the problem was occurring.  So at noon I started cutting hay.  I cut three rows before taking my tractor in at 3 pm.  By then the tractor slowdown happened more often and for a longer time.  A worker listened to my tractor.  No solution jumped out to him.  He had a few ideas.  The problem for me is that they are busy - all repair shops in the valley are busy.  They will let me know by noon tomorrow if they looked the tractor over, or the status of when they can look it over.  If they can't look at it tomorrow I will get my tractor and spend time in the afternoon to cut what I can before taking the tractor back to the shop.   I've cut 8 and 1/2 rows now.  If I remember right it is 26 or 27 rows to cut the entire hayfield.

Slow going.

No comments: