Monday, August 16, 2021

Irrigation pipe fix

Today I repaired one of my irrigation pipes.  The pipes are old and once in a while one will get a crack in it which leaks water.  In the past I put JB Weld on the cracks and that works.  Maybe not forever as I see on one pipe the patch looks flakey on one edge.  I used JB Weld on this latest crack.



Of course the calves had to come over and check out what I was doing.


Some calves wanted to rub against the sprinkler as I worked on the pipe.

 
Calf 62 was born March 8.  Beulah's calf was born May 30.  Almost 3 months makes a difference in size.





The north irrigation line is now at the west end.  Tomorrow I start the way back to the beginning.  It will take a week.  Or maybe not.  Rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.  If we get enough rain maybe I'll quit irrigating.  Today I got my electric bill.  The cost was almost $100 more than last year as I was billed well over $500 for electricity last month.

No comments: