Friday, August 06, 2021

Cleaning house roof and chimney

With this heat, smoke and moving irrigation pipes twice a day I'm not getting much else done.  Off and on the past week I've been cleaning the chimney and pipes for my wood stove.  Today I climbed up on my house roof, and using a chimney brush, cleaned the chimney.  I have a little left to clean at the bottom of the chimney in the house and then I'll be done.

While on the roof I remembered I needed to clean the gutters on the roof.  I don't think I completely cleaned them last Fall as there were a number of dead leaves in the gutters.  Also on the roof I noticed some small moss starting to grow here and there on the shingles on the north side of the roof, or in the shady areas on the south side of the roof.  So I spent time to remove them.

I then noticed the entryway's fiberglass roofing was dirty.  I used a broom to clean it.  Slightly better. Then when I used a garden hose and water to clean the gutters I decided to wash the fiberglass roof.  Slightly better.  Then I got the idea of using my fine wire brush to rub the roof as I washed it.  Much better.

I don't remember when I had fixed and replaced the fiberglass roof with new sheets of fiberglass.  15 or more years ago?




I know I had replaced the shingles over 15 years ago.  Sometime between 2003 and 2006.  The shingles look good for their age.



I had some small branches laying in the backyard to cut up.  The last time the irrigation sprinkler lines went by the branches got a little wet.  So every so often I would cut up a few of the branches.  I spent a short amount of time this morning cutting up the last of the branches as part of a sprinkler line was going to be in the backyard tonight.  I am laying out what I have cut up in part of the yard that doesn't get wet so they can dry out.


Then it was time to eat breakfast.  Oh, it's 2 pm already?  My how time flies.   After breakfast I then went back to sleep to catch up on my sleep and slept three hours to get my nine hours of sleep in.

No comments: