Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Two salt feeders repaired

Today I fixed two of my three wooden salt feeders.  The third salt feeder is fine.  The cattle are hard on the wooden feeders.  I also pulled the rest of the yarrow weeds growing in the middle pasture.

North pasture feeder repaired.  The legs on the left had been bent out.


Here is a photo of the middle pasture feeder taken back in the middle of June.  The feeder was in worst condition today when I repaired it.  I forgot to take a photo of the feeder today before I fixed it.

Middle pasture feeder.


I was done fixing the middle pasture feeder and was putting my tools back into the plastic pail when all of a sudden Toby was nearby.  He started jumping up and down a few times like he was bucking someone off.  And he shook his head.  He scared the heck out of me.  I yelled at him to 'knock it off! Calm down!'  I moved away from the pail over to here where I took a photo of Toby when he walked up to check out the pail.





I waited and waited... and waited.  10 minutes or so.  Cattle usually move on when nothing is happened.  Finally Toby did.  He walked a short ways away and laid down.  I was able to get my pail and tools and leave.



Near the middle pasture feeder the tree roots are partially above ground.  A few roots had round bumps/knots that stuck up.  I sawed them off to get rid of something that was annoying to step on.




This side root(?) wasn't attached to anything on either end.  It was 'fastened' to the tree trunk in the middle.  I was able to pull it off the tree trunk.

No comments: