Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Haynes is now with Diamond and Muscles

Yesterday I let Haynes the bull out of the south corral so he could be with Diamond and Muscles in the NE pasture.  Earlier in the morning I had heard mooing from the corral and thought it was from Haynes wanting company.  Later in the morning I saw Muscles mooing a couple times, so it may have been Muscles mooing earlier.

Anyway, after a day in his new home it was time for Haynes to be with some other cattle.  At his old place he was in the corral with four yearling heifers.  When looking at him, and then when it was time to herd him to the loading part of the corral, Haynes wanted to stay with the heifers.

A short time later I saw Haynes near Diamond.  And mostly since then he has been near Diamond.  If I want to know where Haynes is, look for Diamond.   Muscles is often on his own.  Certainly not near Diamond.  Today I saw Haynes check out Diamond.  So, yes, he is a bull.

Haynes is still leery of me when he sees me.  Yesterday when I parked the haybine I had to stop briefly as Diamond initially didn't want to get out of the way.  Hayne who was nearby quickly moved away when I drove up in the tractor.



No comments: