Friday, July 02, 2021

Tractor and tree

I got my tractor back today.  I hadn't heard from the John Deere dealership about my parts arriving so I went to get my tractor.  When I arrived they told me the console came yesterday.  But when they were going to fix things they discovered they had ordered the wrong radiator.  So they didn't do anything other than order the right radiator.

Because they will be closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (after the 4th), I wanted my tractor.  I could have the console fixed when I came back to have the new radiator put in.  They agreed.  But when we looked at my tractor, the console was taken apart.  So the service manager said he would have the technician install the new console once he finished his other repair work.   He figured it would take a little over an hour and the tractor would be ready at noon.

At noon I found out that they had order the wrong console for the tractor.  Really?!  Two items they ordered and they ordered the wrong item each time?!

They had put the old console back together so I can use the tractor.  They said the ordered the correct console and would call me when it, and the correct radiator, arrived.  I'll take my tractor back then to get it fixed. Hopefully they will get it right this next time.

So this weekend I can cut my hayfield. I didn't start this afternoon as last night we got .20 of an inch of rain so the grass was wet part of the day.  We also had two very loud sounds last night out of nowhere probably 5 to 10 minutes apart.   They sounded like a lightning strike really nearby.  I never saw anything today that looked like it was hit by lightning.  Last night I didn't go outside to look as it I didn't trust it wouldn't happened again.  And it wasn't just me that heard.  My neighbor Curtis told me today he heard them also.  He said he saw a bright flash before the sound and then his building shook.


Today I took a photo of a tree with a large broken branch.  I saw it yesterday before the rainstorm but I didn't have my camera with me then to take photos of it.  Later I will have to cut it up.  I have other things to do now.   I don't know why the branch broke as I don't remember having any strong wind the past few days.



No comments: