Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Hay bales into the hayshed

Yesterday (mostly) and a little today I moved all my large hay bales into the hayshed.  First I had to remove last year's hay bales from the hayshed as I prefer to use them first to feed the cows this Winter.  I had 34 hay bales left from last year and one large bale of straw.

Last year's hay bales, and straw bale on the very right in the back.


With the hayshed empty of hay bales it was time to get this year's hay bales.


Once this year's bales were put into the hayshed I moved last year's bales and straw bale back into the hayshed.  All the hay bales, and straw bale, fit in the hayshed.  I have a row and a half left.  So I can put 14 more bales from my second hay cutting into the hayshed.

Tomorrow it is on to laying out my irrigation pipes so I can start irrigating my hayfield.

No comments: