Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Stump and hay

Sunday Wyatt helped me with the routine maintenance on my tractor.   I bought all the coolants, oil and lubricants my tractor's operating manual said was needed for my tractor.  Some items were bought in five gallon buckets.  $250 later...

When we started we discovered the hours last changed were written on most of the filters.  So I didn't need to replace many filters and oils right now.  Saved $100+.

I need to get an air compressor and a power washer.  The large tractor air filter was very dusty.  The tractor and its engine wasn't too dirty but the pressure washer cleaned it up nicely.

After the maintenance was done I did a few chores with my tractor.  I moved out to the pasture the large stump base of the willow tree that had fallen on the garage.



Then I went back to moving the large hay bales I had been doing when I broke the tractor's door. To get the bales off the ground I put all the large bales on wooden pallets. As you see below the bales were killing the grass even at the short time I have had the bales.  The bottom of the bales were damp from ground contact even dry as it is.


No comments: