Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fixed a post

I fixed the post I bumped into with the tractor the other week.  As you can see the post was rotting away before I bumped and broke it.



Daisy came and kept me company as I dug a new hole for the replacement railroad tie.



After I was done with the new post I was reminded how the distance under the gate to the ground is greater than I prefer.  While the heifers, cows and bull can not get under the gate, I am not sure about young calves.  So back to Craigslist.  I found a person with free fill dirt.  Sandy Loam which matches my dirt.  Few rocks. Not too far way (Columbia Falls).  And the guy has a bobcat type (actually a Case) loader.  Which is great as the last time I got dirt I had to shovel it into the pickup myself.

My pickup is a half ton and the bed sinks with weight.  I was able to take three full buckets before the pickup's mud flaps touched the ground.  I drove the back roads home so I wouldn't have to drive fast.


Before the dirt

After the dirt

Now if Buddy refrains from using the dirt to take a dirt bath, this should be enough.


I got three pickup loads.  One for under the gate, another for a low spot in the corral and the third for near my mailbox.  I plan to get more loads tomorrow as he has plenty left.


Today I also got another load of three hay bales from Dan.  I have a couple loads left to haul.  Probably will get them tomorrow.  So... another busy day.

No comments: